Just my random thoughts.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Grifter

Anyone ever heard of Grifter from Image comics? An amazing marksman with both firearms and thrown weapons, he was exposed to the Gen-factor which gave him the powers of telekinesis, telepathy, and accelerated healing. He was given “Coda” training by his girlfriend, Zealot, and this training honed his senses so that he can detect the presence of living beings near him and it made him highly resistant to interrogations and mind-altering drugs. Unlike most other superheroes, Grifter doesn’t have a costume made of spandex.

So why am I boring you with this stuff? Thanks to the creators of Grifter, I got the idea of naming one of my kids after him. More than a decade later, I got the chance. Not that I want him to be a con man, assassin, vigilante, or anything like that, but I thought he had a really cool name – Cole Cash.

He turns ten months old today. Angel and I have two more months to save up for his party. J

No comments: